About the Book
All of Cora Chevalier’s dreams are coming true. Since moving to Indigo Gap, North Carolina, the busy crafting maven has been blessed with a great boyfriend, a lovely home, and a booming craft retreat business. But on the eve of her first Crafty Mom’s Escape Weekend, tragedy strikes again in Indigo Gap. This time, it’s curtains for Stan Herald, the disagreeable director of the local theater group, who’s murdered on the opening night of their new production. Worse, Cora’s friend Zee is accused of the crime.
Cora is determined to prove her friend’s innocence, but Zee’s mysterious past is making that difficult. And with a list of suspects longer than a double spool of satin cording, getting a bead on the real culprit won’t be easy. With her friends Jane and Ruby at her side, Cora must string together the clues and solve Stan’s murder before the killer gives an encore performance.
How to Have a Crafty Party
The characters in my books love to get together and craft. I’ve been to coffee shops and libraries that have certain nights for knitting or scrapbooking. How much fun is that? I love the connection between crafters.
It would also be fun to host you own crafty party. It doesn’t have to be one craft—or maybe it does. It’s completely up to you and your friends. It’s all about getting together and sharing ideas and crafting. Here’s a few ideas for you:
1) If you have a party with one type of crafting—say knitting or scrapbooking—invite your guests to bring any extra supplies for swapping or giveaway.
2) Make certain to have plenty of good lighting in the space where you’ll be crafting. Whether your guests are threading needles or cutting paper, they will appreciate it.
3) Food should be kept on its own table. Invite your guests to take breaks from their crafting and gathering around the table for good. Nobody wants a food stain on a craft that you’ve spent hours working on.
4) Keep a lot of trash receptacles around. It will make clean-up much easier if your crafty guests and dispose of scraps right away in a nearby bag or container.
5) Have fun! Try your best to make fun crafts and not get to hung up on perfection.
Have you ever been to or had a crafty party?
Sounds interesting? Good luck in the Giveaway! 😉
About The Author
Mollie Cox Bryan writes cozy mysteries with edge and romances with slow, sweet burn. The first book in her Cora Crafts Mystery series, Death Among the Doilies, was a “Fresh Fiction Not to Miss” selection and was a finalist for the Daphne du Maurier Award. The second book, No Charm Intended, was named a “Summer 2017 Top 10 Beach Read” by Woman’s World. She also wrote the Agatha-award nominated Cumberland Creek Mysteries. She makes her home at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, where she works as a researcher and fact checker and writes in the early morning hours. Visit her and sign up for her newsletter at molliecoxbryan.com.