I am sure most of you know that today is St. Patricks day, but my question is, do you celebrate it?
Because for me it was not something to celebrate or enjoy till I moved to Ireland! But here is the most important day of the year, you can see people with the flags around the cities and a special parade in the biggest cities around Ireland. But you know why is this important?
The day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland, and celebrates the heritage and culture of the Irish in general.
So, today I’ll share a few things Irish related; curious, typical and original… but all of them Irish, enjoy!
- First of all, did you know that McDonald’s in these dates has a special drink made with Shamrocks to commemorate St. Patricks Day? It’s only available during a month. You can find it around Ireland, USA and Canada; so if you want to discover this special edition you only have a few days to try it!
- If you want to celebrate St. Patricks in a more comfy way, you can always enjoy a delicious Irish Cream Coffee byBeanies, for £2.50! Who said that you need to go to Ireland to enjoy a good Irish cream? 😉
- If you want to discover more about Ireland and share it with your little ones, you should take a look at the book Ronan Boyle and the Bridge of Riddles by Thomas Lennon, John Hendrix; an Irish folklore-inspired middle-grade fantasy. Only £6.99.
- Or you can take a look at The Story of Saint Patrick’s by Poolbeg; for 4.99€
- I’ve discovered this series at the London Book Fair a few days ago, The Travels with Gannon and Wyatt IRELAND; and I haven’t had the chance to read the full book, but it has some interesting photographies from Ireland and a perfect adventure for any young reader (or adult!) that want to discover this green country! for £4.03 on Amazon.