Do you know the brand “Field Notes”?
Being a stationery addict makes me love and discover so many interesting and original products that sometimes I forget to share with you! So, today, I want to talk about this super famous and pocket notebook brand, the “Field Notes”.
Last year, with the pandemic I decided to try the year subscription from the Field Notes, some beautiful notebooks sent to you four times a year, the dream for any stationery lover. And being honest, is not expensive at all, I’ve been receiving between 6/9 notebooks every four months and sometimes there’s a little surprise included in the shipment.
So, today I want to talk about the last shipment I received from them, the Summer Limited Edition pack, Trailhead, with 6 notebooks and a cute patch for your jacket/bag/anywhere!
Do you want to know what I love about these notebooks? That they are handy, sturdy and fit to any pocket; sometimes you don’t need a big notebook, just a few pages to write your stories/draws; and that’s why the Field Notes are perfect. Of course I can’t forget that there are never two similar editions, this one is called “Trailhead”; with some hike guides and specifications.
Here are the detailed specifications about this shipment notebooks (if you want to know everything!)…
- Proudly printed by the good people of Lake County Press, Inc., Waukegan, Ill.
- Cover: Neenah Royal Sundance Linen 80#C “Emerald Green,” with thick, brute-force applications of “Opaque White” soy-based Toyo UV ink and Crown 81285 matte foil.
- Flysheet: Neenah Environment 70#T “Grocer Kraft” with a fine application of “Opaque White” and “Forest Green” soy-based Toyo inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Vanilla,” with a fine application of “Blaze Orange” and “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Toyo inks.
- Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40″ 6-color UV printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer and Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8″ (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- Ruled lines: 1/4″ (6.4mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2″ × 5-1/2″ (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- UPC: 850032279000
What I love about this subscription is that every notebook is a surprise, when you open the pack you don’t know what will be inside and how the pages will be! Even if this was my last subscription of the year, don’t doubt that I’ll renew it soon, it was worth every penny!
Also, I’ve tried different pens/fountain pens/ markers on it to show you that they are great to use with anything you want!
Also, if you are curious, on their homepage they have all the previous designs, so you can choose which is your favorite one!
Have you ever tried the “Field Notes”? Do you have a favorite design? Tell me! 😉